The following materials are prohibited from acceptance at CAC Metal Recycling. If you have any questions regarding your materials please don’t hesitate to contact us before you come.
- wood waste
- rubber or any other non-metallic materials.
- gasoline & diesel fuel
- motor oil
- hydraulic fluids
- PCB oils or containing items such as ballasts, transformers, fluorescent lighting or capacitors.
RADIOACTIVE MATERIALS OF ANY TYPE
- Military scrap
- Medical scrap
- Flammable or combustible materials of any kind
- Non-hazardous liquids, including water
- Chemicals or poisons in solid, powder, liquid, or gaseous form (e.g., fertilizers)
- Ammunition (ordnances) or explosives of any kind, unless managements approval in place.
- Asbestos or asbestos-containing materials, such as insulation from pipes, wiring, tanks or other industrial materials, gaskets or siding/surface materials.
- Mercury-containing lights or related fixtures.
- Compressed Cylinders that are not open to atmosphere and verified to be safe MUST be rejected as per the updated Compressed Cylinder Policy.
- Compressed Fuel Automobiles – Any vehicle with attached compressed fuel systems (propane or natural gas) must have the systems decommissioned & confirmed to be empty.
- Paint inside cans or spray cans